MARY J BLIGE: SINGLE & ALBUM NEWS....

Toya's World reader Luanna informs me that Mary's new single, "Grown Woman", which aired at the end of HBO's Entourage, is now set to feature Jay-Z. The Queen of Hip-Hop/Soul and the retired rapper, arguably still the King of Hip-Hop, join forces yet again on the lead single (produced by Chicago native Dejion) from Mary's highly anticipated forthcoming album "Growing Pains", which will be released 20th November on Geffen Records.



Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, Sean Garrett, "Swizz Beatz" Soulshock & Karlin, Johnta Austin, Bryan Michael Cox, Ne-Yo and Ryan "Alias" Tedder are all named producers on Mary's new set. Sounds like another hot one to me. The Breakthrough was a hot album and sold over 700K in the first week and because I really enjoyed that album, I anticipate this one. I just don't get the rush though. I hope she's not doing it to try and shut down another younger R&B singer because at the end of the day, a REAL veteran has NOTHING to prove. But she's in for some REAL competition since everybody and they mama is dropping in November. Thanks Luanna.

0 Comments: