FAB FRIDAY R&B SCOOP ...

There was no update yesterday as I was out of town and there were a couple of important stuff I had to take care of. But I did miss this blog, and you guys of course. But now that I'm back, here's the latest R&B juice.

This week, Beyonce was spotted arriving in Melbourne, Australia:



She looked totally unfazed at the prospect of her B'Day Deluxe Edition album being pulled off the shelves but her tour is pulling in a profit so any financial loss will come as nothing to Ms Knowles.

Beyonce will also grace the latest issue of Vibe magazine whilst her ex-Destiny's Child bandmate Michelle Williams graces the latest cover of Chicago Tribute:



Can't say I'm feeling either cover.

Jennifer Lopez and her hubby Marc Anthony attended the Us Weekly Presents Us' Hot Hollywood 2007 ceremony:



Wow. J.Lo was working the HELL out of that white outfit. Work it girl!

Yesterday, my girl Alicia Keys attended the 6th Annual Tribeca Film Festival - "We Are Together" Premiere - Afterparty:




Cute!

And Mya was on 106&Park this week to premiere her new video Lock U Down so you can read my views later down the post:





You can watch the vid further down in this post. Anyway, she looked real purty. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT TOP!!!

Ne-yo hit up those TRL studio's this week:





Forgive me for posting, but it had to be done.

Another R&B singer to hit up those TRL studio's was the man known as Nostrils. Well, that's Mario to you guys:



He really needs to "GO!" hurry up with that album...

And um, check this. R&B singer Monica thinks its cute to have her son Lil Rock morphed from an innocent little boy to a hard thug:



Looks like he's on the rampage to hustle and sell some weed. What is the world coming to these days? I would NEVER have my 3-year-old boy dressed up like this. What message is she trying to send out here? Then folks wonder why today's youth end up dead before their time or spend the rest of their lives in prison. Positive enforcement is what we need to be teaching our kids today. NOT THIS.

Anyway here is Deborah Cox's official new album cover for "Destination Moon":



Me no likey. It looks really drag-queenish to me but I do look forwards to new music from Deborah. It's been a hot minute now.

This week we had THREE R&B video's which premiered this week (Rihanna, Mya and Fantasia). So I'm going to review each one starting with Rihanna. It was the World Premiere of Rihanna's new video "Umbrella" and I absolutely loved it. It's the first single and video taken from her upcoming new album Good Girl Gone Bad (out 5th June 2007) The video was mad hot and I'm totally rocking the Dominatrix look. She's 19 now and she did say her image has become sexier. I'm going to say it's the best video of her music career so far and here's why:



The special effects were creatively innovative and there were lots of nice visuals. I liked the water scene where she dancing with the waves. They should have devoted more camera time on that because that concept was VERY creative. Also, I loved the part where she was naked and covered in silver body paint (I wonder if Beyonce would have been able to get away with being butt-ass nekkid in silver body paint. Something tells me "no". Oops!). Some of you may remember when rapper Sole did this for her album shoot way back when. I brought up Beyonce because so many folks have resorted to calling Rihanna the "Beyonce-jacker" and incorporating the ballet into the vid was probably a bad idea considering that it reminded folks of Beyonce's "Green Light" vid. However, I didn't see much Beyonce in this vid. The only thing that parallel's them is that they are two sexually-charged lightskinned weave wearing R&B singers with a connection to Jay-Z end of. The video was dark and moody but in a sexual motive. And of course, I laughed at the choreography at the end. It was really bad and was executed horribly. Chick cannot dance to save her own life and I thought EVERY West Indian chick could dance. She was real stiff and lacked fluidity. It was just all very robotic. Apart from that little mishap, she looked stunning. You gotta hand it to her. The girl is beautiful. My only disappointment with the video is that there was no story behind it. Like, she could have had a totally delicious hunk and they could be hugging and kissing in the rain of some sort. I absolutely loved Ashanti's "Rain On Me" vid because it told the story and the song and video was just brilliant and I'm not even feeling Ashanti like that. But nevertheless the video was still hot. It certainly doesn't look like any of the R&B video's that are out right now. Also as I've been saying for weeks, the song is edgy and mad catchy and I'm totally feeling the direction she's going in.

Now for Mya's "Lock U Down" video. The song is cool first of all. I wasn't too crazy about it in the beginning but so far it has grown on me:



The video was okay. The choreography could have been better and it was too reminiscent of Janet's last one but with less oomph. I have seen better dance video's from Mya such as Case of The Ex and My Ass Is Like Whoa. I wouldn't go as far as to say she killed it (like Ciara did with her comeback dance video "Promise") but she did good for Mya. Rihanna had a better video though but if Mya was given Rihanna's video, she'd have executed it BRILLIANTLY. I can't wait for her new album "Liberation" to drop on the 26th June 2007.

And lastly, here is Fantasia's When I See U video which also premiered this week. This week was definetely a busy week for the premieres:



I liked the scenes in the video and the guy who plays her love interest is a hottie so props to her on that. Not sure about the choice of single though but I do like the song. And she's been getting rave reviews for her role in The Color Purple.

Anyway, gotta go. It's possible that I may come back on-line and do another update since I didn't do one yesterday so check back soon and stay tuned!

0 Comments: