EASTER SUNDAY R&B HOTNESS ....

I guess I was taking time out to enjoy the Easter holidays and I wanted to wish everybody a happy easter. The kids are off for two weeks. All the shops are closed so today is a day where all the families just gather around and spend quality time together. Last night I went to see The Hills Have Eyes 2 with my fella. It was pretty gruesome but nothing I've never seen before. If you've seen one horror you've seen them all, and well, there's only so many times you can watch someone's head get hacked in with a large axe.



Well, seeing as though it's Sunday and it's quite dead around these parts, I thought I may as well come on-line and do an R&B update. So enjoy. ps - don't eat too much chocolate!

R&B Crumbs!!!

1. Rihanna really is prepping herself for the release of her new album Good Girl Gone Bad and I cannot wait for her video "Umbrella" to premiere. I think the song is a potential smash hit and could even be as big as SOS. Check out her latest interview with 102.7 KIIS FM inside this post.
2. This week, God showed the world that He had a sense of humour when former Spice Girl Mel B gave birth to a baby girl this week on EDDIE MURPHY'S 46th BIRTHDAY. I was telling my mama this and she said, "you know what? That is a sign from God. That is no coincidence". Yeah, God is secretly telling him that that is his child, because he's been denying the paternity for MONTHS now. I wonder how he must feel now - to deny a child only for the child to share his same BIRTH DATE. Yeah, it really is true that God works in mysterious ways.
3. I am also happy for Whitney Houston for winning custody of her daughter Bobbi Kristina. Both parents have had their issues in the past but a daughter needs her mother and Whitney is more reliant than her ex-hubby Bobby Brown will ever be.
4. Beyonce has another unreleased track from her Deluxe album called "If" so check it out.

The day of Umbrella's release, Rihanna dropped in at the 102.7 KIIS FM Studios for an interview with Ryan Seacrest:



[SOURCE]

Here is the interview, and she talks about the new album and what producers she's worked with. Oh and she's collaborated with Justin Timberlake on the new album. It's all kicking off now ....

My girl Alicia Keys was spotted at the Timberwolves v.s Knicks game and her hair looked lovely. I dig her style ....





That is, until she stood up to reveal a pair of skinny jeans that made her look bigger than she really is. I mean Alicia is a thickie so therefore the skinny jeans are a no-no. Alicia is currently recording her third studio album.

Tatyana Ali and her sister Anastasia attended the Julieb.com Party which was hosted in Celebration of the Musical "Wicked". The party featuring a special performance by Dita Von Teese:




Wow. Tat has lost so much weight and she looks fantastic with the new shape. She needs to come out with another album.

Mary J Blige and her husband attended the "Entourage" Third Season Premiere this week:



Call me sad but I actually watch Entourage on the regular. How can you not when the luscious Adrian Grenier is in the show - that is the same reason why I'm hooked on Supernatural and Prison Break - because of Jenson Ackles and Wenthworth Miller.

Christina Aguilera and husband Jordan were spotted leaving their NYC Hotel for Yankee Stadium:



Chrissy looked fab!

Musiq Soulchild attended the House of Courvoisier in which he performed a couple of tracks from his no1 album Luvanmusiq:



The Musiqster stays doing his thang.

Justin Timberlake headed for his car outside the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills after a press conference for Shrek 3. The pop star lends his voice to teenage brat and future king, Artie.



I read that he was not very happy when he bumped into his ex-girlfriend Cameron Diaz who was also at the event. In fact, throughout, he had the face of thunder. Justin also has the front cover to the latest GQ magazine (British).

The Cheetah Girls attended The Los Angeles Premiere of Paramount Pictures' "DISTURBIA":





The mini Aaliyah and J.Lo wannabe's continue to plague us once again with yet another appearance. I am really glad Kiely decided to fix her teeth. She looked good.

Trey Songz did a spot of promotion when he was spotted out and about in New York and was even seen leaving a Louis Vuitton store:



This week Trey premiered his video for "Wonder Woman" and his album Trey Day is expected to drop 8th May 2007.

Jennifer Lopez graces the front cover of unknown magazine "Para Todos":



Judging by the phrases and words used, I'm taking it as another Spanish publication. Jennifer's latest album has had good album sales lately.

While Britney Spears is struggling, Kevin Federline's other ex, Shar Jackson now has a superflat stomach via a Long Beach, Calif. plastic surgeon:




"Shar had liposuction at Cosmetic Care in September and then again over the holidays," says an insider. "She had another treatment a few weeks ago." The pal says Shar, 30, had the work on her tummy and jawline. Shar, who's the mother of Kevin's older children, Kori, 4, and Kaleb, 2, admits she was ready to start feeling good about herself again. "I have had four children and was not happy with my body," the former Moesha actress tells In Touch. "I feel good about it and am busy recovering right now. And yes, it hurts a lot."

Damn, all I see is a box-shape figure and an unrealistic stomach. But if she felt it was worth it than good for her.

Supposedly, here is the album cover for season 5 American Idol contestant Paris Bennett:


[thanks Fabizzle]

The new album is called "Princess P". Cute cover. I'm totally feeling it. Paris made the final 5 last year and her album is expected to drop later this month.

And here is the official single cover for Eve's latest new single Tambourine:



Black woman + bleach blonde wigs = TRAVESTY. Someone pass Mary J Blige the memo please. And why did I find myself doing this over the weekend?



And another one bites the dust.

More R&B Crumbs!!!



Fantasia's "A Day In The Life" series are in. [thanks Audrey]

Part One
Part Two
Part Three

Fantasia takes you along while she visits VH1 and BET. There is also a guest appearance by label mate and rapper Cassidy. There is also an intimate one-on-one session on Fanny, where she lets you know the truth, and how many people relate to her experiences. Make sure to listen in when she talks about how she's not illiterate, she's just not a strong reader! I have already posted pictures from her video shoot for "When I See U" so watch out for the full thing coming later this month!

2. In an exclusive interview with AOL Black Voices columnist Jawn Murray, SWV’s lead singer Cheryl "Coko" Clemons said she was just as surprised as everyone else by many of the stories group member Leanne "LeLee" Lyons disclosed in an interview with Sister 2 Sister magazine last week that sent shockwaves through the music industry.


"I was not aware of the interview prior to it coming out," Coko said. "When the magazine first came out, I got a few phone calls from people telling me about the interview and they read some of the things she said in it. I went to get it myself and discovered it was...quite something! I was shocked! I never expected her to say all of that stuff."


Read more of what she had to say in this exclusive interview at AOL Black Voices Buzz.


Stay tuned, and stay entertained for more R&B crumbs!!!

0 Comments: