MONICA TALKS ABOUT NEW ALBUM....

It was only this morning that I was listening to Monica's debut album Miss Thang. That abum will never get tired because classics like that always remain fresh in the CD player, no matter how many years ago it was. Then I log on to find that Monica is working on a new album to be released in mid-2008. Here's what she had to say: "I am going back to where I started," said Monica. "Expect new material from me in Spring/Summer 2008! I have finalized a new deal with J. Records and I'm currently doing work in the studio with the likes of Missy and Bryan-Michael Cox. There is also talk of me hooking up with Ne-Yo and some other songwriters on my upcoming CD".



Somebody must've been watching and decided to grant me an early Christmas gift. Her last album The Makings of Me was a GREAT album but also flopped hard. I think it was poorly received but was waaay better than that After The Storm crap. The first single was on some chicken-head bullshit but her second single A Dozen Roses was CRACK music baby. I said, I haven't heard any CRACK music since Alicia's You Don't Know My Name. My favourite Monica album would have to be The Boy Is Mine. The hotly infectious Brandy duet, of the same name certainly paved the way for that album, but moreso the ballads since they are clearly a strong point for Monica. Her powerful alto vocals over those slow-paced melodies were masterful. So if I'm looking for another Monica album, I want it to be just like The Boy Is Mine and I look forwards to hearing the new music.

0 Comments: