Mariah Carey confirms she’s working on a new album...

“There’s a themed album. It’s something that people have been asking me to do for years, but it’s not done in the traditional sense. It’s not done yet, but I’m really excited about it. I’m working [on that album] with some very eclectic, newer artists, as well as some legendary folks.” 

Mariah Carey talks about her plans for a new album during a new podcast interview with Rolling Stone. How exciting!

Also...

Mariah was spotted heading home from a party at SoHo Grand in New York City last night.

4 Comments:

Sven said...

Themed? Any idea what theme that could be?

Remmi said...

The last album of Mariah’s I thoroughly enjoyed was E=MC2. That “elusive” album was crap and “Caution” was slightly better. I miss actual singing, storytelling Mariah - hope she delivers.

Toya said...

I have no idea what she means by a themed album as she doesn't really elaborate on it. The last album I truly fell in love with was 'Emancipation.' The others were okay. I don't think she's had a REALLY shit album though, just slightly underwhelming.

Anonymous said...

I think it might be a jazz album!