TODAY'S THROWBACK R&B VID: FLAVA - IMAJIN

I was browsing a couple of blogs the other day and noticed that some of them were doing a "throwback video of the week" type theme which I really liked. So I thought that each week/day, I should post a throwback video of some of those R&B classics when music was timeless back in the day. And if I can post info as to what happened to the artist and what they're up to, I will gladly do so. Today's R&B throwback video goes out to Imajin's "Flava" which is one of my favourite songs of all time:


.... mainly because it was a really hot track to me. Just AFTER I had left high school, I was madly in love with this group and crushed on John and Talib mad hard. They came to London back in 99 to promote their debut single "Shorty" and watching their performance on British pop show Top Of The Pops had me hooked. They were MY age group back then so they are all 23-25 now. They disbanded because Jive records refused to back them or give them more budget funds, and then Jamal left. They were picked up by Universal and even recruited a new member but Universal dropped them again. Last I heard of them, John went back to school, Jamal commits himself to Church, Talib who has his own production company still writes and Olamide, no word on him either - I would love to see them regroup one day as they were mad talented - they could sing live AND played their own instruments on stage and their debut album was hot!

0 Comments: