WEDNESDAY'S R&B GOODIES

I really need to label all of my posts. Hopefully, it should be done over the weekend. It's just a new feature that's been added recently which will come in handy when I need to search a single category pertaining to a certain artist. Anyway let me get on my R&B grind. On Monday night, Christina Milian and her boyfriend Dre were spotted at the Miami Heat game in Florida:



I am really warming up to these two as a couple. They are soooo cute together and Christina seems totally besotted with her man. At least they're not afraid to touch each other in public unlike Jay-Z who seems to look distant and uncomfortable whenever Beyonce publicly tries to show him some affection. Maybe he doesn't want to tarnish his Bad Boy rapper reputation. Hell, he's too old to be even thinking about maintaining such a reputation anyway. But as I were saying, Christina looks gorgeous and youthful. She's 25 but the chick can pass for 17. Easily. Christina was spotted in the studio a couple of weeks ago with her fella Dre. It's likely he's working with her on the new album which she is working on. She also has like three movies in the making, so she'll be doing her thang in the new year! And as we're on the topic of Beyonce, yesterday, she showed she was the queen of the wardrobe as she made a various number of appearances:



Beyonce made an appearance on Good Morning America show.


I absolutely love the leopard-print dress and she looks really svelt in black.

After TRL, Beyonce attended The Late Show.


Again we are back to MTV's TRL where she changed off into an unappealing turquoise number. and cutie Chris Brown was also there to cherish the moment (above). I already posted the pictures when he appeared on 106 with Bow Wow, but here are some bigger pictures [HERE] Bow Wow and Chris were also at TRL:



I guess they were promoting Bow Wow's latest new album and were there to perform their track Girl Like Mine. At the end of this entry, you can also watch the alternative video for Beyonce's current single Listen, which was scrapped because it didn't meet expectations. Too bad they didn't figure this out with that appalling Deja Vu video.

These are some of the scenes that left me absolutely bamboozled. You can read more on my take of the video at the end of this entry.

LeToya Luckett celebrated the 3rd Anniversary of her boutique, Lady Elle, with four huge parties in Houston this past weekend and her actress pal Keisha Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show's Ruby) attended the event and helped her to celebrate:

The anniversary proceeds went to the MD Anderson Cancer Center for breast cancer research and treatment so I'm really glad the proceeds went to a really great cause.



I am noticing that her mama has Letoya's original nose. I wonder how mama Luckett felt deep down when her daughter eradicated her features. Needing to add, she was much prettier with the more ethnic realistic black nose. I know if I looked like my mama and I messed with my looks with surgery, my mama would be offended but then, I am proud of my black traits so it's whatever. And it looks like her nose isn't the only thing she had done but something looks odd with her cheekbones. The chick use to be so pretty and was once up there with her ex-bandmate Beyonce Knowles in the looks department but she just looks strange to me for some reason. I liked her outfit though. Cute ensemble.

However, Rihanna brought season greetings and cheer when she visited patients at St. Vincent's Hospital in Manhattan yesterday:



She looks cute. I sooo love her cut. It's sassy and sophisticated! Stick with your real hair more often Rihanna. It rocks! I am still getting emails in regards to Rihanna's ethnicity. So I just wanted to clear it up. She is mixed race. Her mother is black and from Guyana I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) and her father is a white man from the Islands (Bajan). So I hope this answers your questions. Anyway, check out Ms Tatiana looking the bees knees:

Now here's a sight I've been anticipating. Former R&B songstress Tatiana Ali looks magnificent. The 27-year-old beauty attended The Pursuit of Happyness premiere starring Will Smith, the man she co-starred with in The Fresh Prince of Belair when she played the lovely Ashley Banks.

Meanwhile, Danity Kane were spotted at Ink in Miami, Florida:



I have been listening to their album all day yesterday and you all know already how hot I think the record is. I have not heard a hot joint by a female R&B group since Destiny's Child's The Writings On The Wall. If they were getting better promo, their sales would have hit the roof by now.

And here is the alternative Beyonce video for Listen which was supposed to have been the original:


She looked nice when she was singing in the black & white background. And in this version, I liked how more emphasis on the movie was incorporated especially between her and Jamie Foxx's character because it matched the song. The video was good up until the end part. The shots that didn't have anything to do with the movie I was like huh? I didn't get the still shots towards the end and the black and white filtering was also unnecessary. The Egyptian-like scene was a big no-no as was the still shots with the Octopus hairstyle. But I think this video actually had major potential save for a few mishaps. However, the finalised cut is in fact filmed and edited to a better standard and was rightfully chosen.

0 Comments: