FRIDAY'S R&B FABNESS!!!

Today is World Aids Day and it's a tragic epidemic that affects us all in age, race, sexual orientation, creed, you name it. Though aids is mainly strife in the black community, it affects all communities, all the peoples of the world. Their suffering is our suffering. And I hope everybody takes the time out to donate to the cause or to at least feed yourselves with some knowledge to create a self-awareness of the conservative issue that matters to us in a society ravished by such a terrible disease. So to get a bit of knowledge on the subject, peep this [WEBSITE] and absorb ALL the facts because this is something worth knowing about. That said, we are now in the month of Christmas. How time flies. Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet? Christmas is for the kids so I'll be splurging I guess. I also want to thank everybody for having my back. It was truly appreciated. I will just learn to look past the bullshit and not let it get to me. If those people are adults and are resorting to name calling over an artist who isn't paying your bills or providing you with a roof over your head, then I truly feel sorry for you because what grown man or grown woman in their right mind is going to catch feelings and resort to vile attacks over an artist who isn't even aware of your existence? Grow the fuck up please. Beyonce stans are the worst. I keep forgetting to put my disclaimer back up. After all, it did mention that this blog isn't for you if you cannot respect my opinions as well as the opinions of my other blog readers in a civilised manner. It just makes me so angry because my blog is very popular, and I put so much work and effort into it. I don't have to do this but I do it because I enjoy it. And I have to add, it's not easy running a blog as successful as mine. You are put under sooo much pressure to update it frequently just to keep the thousands of visitors coming back for more. I get dozens of emails each week from folks asking me where do they start, and how do they go about setting up a high-profile blog like mine. It's hard but I do enjoy it and it can only work if you enjoy doing it and put all your dedication into it. However, I can definitely see myself continuing this in the long run. The only time I'll stop is if I get fed up with it and that won't happen because I love writing. I love R&B music and I love informing people about that aspect of the music industry. Writing is in my blood like some kind of disease. It's been there from since I was little and my novel will be published next year so I hope you guys pick it up! But back to the news and gossip. Yesterday, former Spice Girl Mel B flew in to Britain from Los Angeles and for the first time EVER, she showed off her 5-month pregnant bump.



This is the picture we have all been waiting for which proves Mel really is pregnant with Eddie Murphy's baby and the chick is glowing! Pregnancy suits her. She came back to the UK to visit her friends and family and is said to be very happy with funny man Eddie, therefore trouncing US rumours that their romance has been on the rocks due to family conflict. Click on image to read the article in full.




Here is Ciara on the latest cover of Jet magazine and she is looking like WOWSERS! This is a gorgeous picture I must add, although it must've been taken at the same time as her Promise promo. I've also provided the scans so if you click on the thumbnails, you can read the article and if you still can't read it, save the pictures to your comp and open them up with Windows Picture Viewer and use the magnifying glass to increase the text without it blurring. Here are some interesting titbits that we didn't know from the feature. According to her father, she was given her first name after a bottle of perfume that he had bought for his wife. Didn't know that at all. An old-time friend of mine is named Ciara but it is pronounced KEY-R-AH. I guess you learn new things each day huh? Ciara lived in Germany for three years and went to preschool there. At the school, there were only two or three black kids but she got along with all the children and she proudly admits that she can speak Japanese, German, a little bit of French and Spanish. She wrote a song for Fantasia which made Fantasia's debut album Free Yourself. Alongside her massive list of achievements, as we already know she won a Grammy for Best Music Video. That would be for Lose Control featuring Missy Elliott and Fatman Scoop. OK. I will not type out the whole article because it's pretty lengthy. I just thought I'd highlight the most interesting parts so get ta reading! *lol* Anyway, check out Ciara's ex-boyfriend right here:
.


Toya's World reader Rob Guarino met Bow Wow who stopped by at the radio station he works at about a week or two ago. Rob is the one in the maroon. He says: "[Bow Wow] was a really nice guy and impressed me with what he had to say. He has really grown up a lot and seems to have his head in the right place, especially in terms of the business end of the music industry". Awww, he says I'm amazing! Thanks Rob, and keep your pictures coming in!
.



Yesterday, Beyonce performed with Disney characters Princesses Jasmine, Belle and Cinderella at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Bee was at the Magic Kingdom theme park to tape a television segment for the 'Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade,' which will air on Christmas day on ABC. This is kind of ironic considering that the chick has disney-like mannerisms but then again, we all have the kid in us. I am sooo embarrassed to admit this, but I hit up my girl Deveraux on Myspace yesterday begging her to send me The Little Mermaid soundtrack. It is one of my favourite Disney movies of all time especially when I was little and well, you can laugh if you like but aint a damn thang wrong in going back to your childhood. I especially loved that damn Jamaican crab Sebastian *lol*



And here is yet another Beyonce promo picture.



Here is the first picture of Javine Hilton and Harvey since they were ousted as having an affair behind Alesha Dixon's back, after their Daddy Cool performance. Alesha is married to Harvey and use to be in British R&B group Mis-teeq. I saw her performing her latest single Knock Down two weeks ago for Children In Need and could tell that behind her pretty features she was trying to put on a brave face. I hope she finds a man who is well deserving of her. Harvey just isn't worth it. Keep your head up Alesha!




Fergie graces the November issue of Paper magazine and looks radiant. The pictures are airbrushed to the max but the black and white ones are quite nice, and yes, I'm being good today.



Her latest appearance sees her at the Paper magazine 2nd Annual Nightlife Awards.



Cassie attended the Fendi "B.MIX Party". Her shoes are FIYAH!



Eve attended the Gala Opening of the New York AIDS Film Festival, featuring the film "3 Needles".



Blu Cantrell attended the birthday party for Apl de Ap, founding member of Black Eyed Peas and Jeepney Music, Inc. at the Highlands. For once I don't have much to say, but I hate those blue contacts with a passion and I know they are not real because when she did that explicit shoot for Black Tail baring her front, back and center, her eyes were brown and back then, she was 19. She claims she did it because she was broke as hell and couldn't pay her rent as she were about to be evicted and was only paid a measly $500 dollars. Sorry, but if I were to show all of my bits, you'd have to pay me a million or two. Hell, she'd have earned MUCH more by going on the game.



And speaking of celebrities infamously showing off their privates all week, Britney Spears has reportedly upset R&B producer Pharrell Williams because she was supposed to have booked in for a studio session but didn't turn up. [SOURCE] Instead, she chose to party with Paris Hilton. Question. How does one go about accidentally exposing their bare crotch THREE times on THREE different occasions? Has this become a new trend of hers or what? I would never be caught dead wearing no panties though. Hell, even if I had to stick some superglue down there just to ensure that they stay on, hell be it! Besides, aren't we suppose to be in a freezing season where wearing panties are now the most essential? Living in the United Kingdom ladies you would not want to catch pneumonia down there. No joke. The woman has no integrity at all. I feel sorry for her children and she's only giving K-Fed more ammunition to gain full custody of the kids because if she truly cared, she would not be doing this. Who'd have caught K-Fed would come out smelling of roses in all this? Britney is not acting like a mother-of-two who gave birth 8 weeks ago. There are soooo many women out there who can't have children and would devote all their time to being the perfect parent and yet Britney abuses her position all because she is rich and famous. No one is saying she can't party and have fun, but every night in a row? Paris and Lindsay Lohan don't want kids (at least not now) and they are smart enough not to get themselves knocked up because it would mean cutting out their wild nights and unlike her new pals (who are both coincidentally serial crotch-exposers), she is not childless. She really needs to face up to her responsibilities and wisen up because her comeback is going down the drain. What she's been carrying on with lately is just not on and it needs to stop.

Yesterday, Britney's first hubby Jason Alexander did an interview with UK tabloid The Sun and he said that Britney DID have a tummy tuck after giving birth. He said that he spoke to Britney last week because she rang him to let him know how impressed she was with a recent interview he did on TV regarding her marriage woes. He says he still loves Britney but would never go back with her because of the baggage with her two children and he enjoys his freedom too much. Despite their marriage only lasting for 55 hours, he said he married Britney for love not for money. He is also writing a book about his life with Britney which will include sordid details of their sex life. Well, as the picture below suggests, has Christina Milian really split up with her man Dre?
.


Nope! She denies it. This week, Christina was reported to have split with her producer boyfriend Dre and it was claimed that she was caught canoodling with Hollywood ladies man Wilmer Valderrama at Area nightclub on Saturday night, then she reportedly went back to his pad in West Hollywood! [SOURCE] But on her Myspace, Christina vehemently denies the split. She writes:

Hello My Lovely Friends. Just saying "Hola" and I wanna clear something up...I am NOT dating Wilmer V. I am still in my AMAZING relationship with Dre and have been with him and him ONLY since the day we began dating. Sorry to burst the rumor bubble but I have a lot of respect for my relationship and that will never change. :) Wilmer is a very nice guy and I respect him on a professional level as a fellow Actor, Latino & friend....but nope, it aint true! :) Man! I swear I get my butt out of the house and hang with my friends and come back home to this kind of stuff... Anyway, I'm not stressed out about it. But you know I like to clear thngs up when I can. Love you!!!! Christina! :) muah! Also, top of the year I am going back in the studio!!! I'll keep u posted! Muah!

I was kind of suspicious of the story myself actually. They looked sooo in love back in September at her 25th birthday party this year, where they celebrated at Prive nightclub in Miami. Phew. I were about to say if someone as sweet and beautiful as Christina can't keep a man, then we'd be ALL in trouble. Good to see she's not giving up on her music career.

Anyway, check out Fantasia's performance of Hood Boy on Jay Leno:


Smoking!

And here are a behind the scenes sneak preview of Danity Kane's new video Ride 4 U (thank you Jon for uploading this. The video premieres 5th December 2006):


Interesting!



Remember the emancipation of Mimi fever? This CD right here was the R&B classic of 2005 and Ms Mariah is coming back with another album in the 07. Not just one album but two, according to Universal Music Group Chief Executive Doug Morris. Reportedly, the two as-yet-untitled scheduled releases from Mariah along with releases from both 50 Cent and Eminem are expected to be the benchmark for success for the music group in 2007. [SOURCE] Personally, I am thrilled to bits that we are getting new music from one of my favourite singers but two CD's I am unsure of. 2007 is going to be just as hot as 2006 for R&B music. This year, we had releases from Beyonce, Letoya Luckett, Christina Milian, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado, Cassie, Ciara, Natalie, Kelis, Monica, Brooke Hogan, Stacie Orrico, Janet Jackson, Nivea, Fergie, Jamelia, Justin Timberlake, Tamia, Lemar, Robin Thicke, Frankie J, John Legend, Mario Vasquez, Ruben Studdard, Kesha Chante and later this year, Fantasia.

2007 will see R&B releases from Brandy, Amerie, Mya, Alicia Keys, Keyshia Cole, Teedra Moses, Kelly Rowland, Nicole Scherzinger, Mariah Carey, Joss Stone, Jennifer Lopez, Nina Sky, Lumidee, Brooke Valentine, Megan Rochelle, Chilli, Claudette Ortiz, Britney Spears, Bobby Valentino, Maxwell (yessss!), Musiq Soulchild, D’Angelo, Marques Houston, Omarion, Mario, Chris Brown, Ms Dynamite, Craig David and possibly Usher, Latavia Roberson, Blaque and 3LW. I heard that Blaque are back together and are in the studio recording their new album but I don't know how true it is. I hope its true. Their music is hot. And as for Usher, he's reportedly going back into the studio in March according to Swizz Beatz who he'll be working with. I cannot wait for him to knock back Justin Timberfake *lol*
So who are you guys looking forwards to next year?

0 Comments: