TASTY THURSDAY R&B FABNESS!

What it do folks? Anyway, another day, another spectacular day of R&B fabness so enjoy the update because as we're nearing Christmas, around that time I may stop updating and you won't see me until the New Year and even then, my life will be hectic. My graduation is in February, I'll be moving to a new place so I don't know what the deal will be with my Internet connection *lol*, I'll be working my ass off, you name it but I always find time to update because I love it. So let's get onto it. Christina Milian attended the Pimps & Hos grand opening. You know Christina loves her Pimps as a few weeks ago I posted pictures where she was shopping at their boutique. Christina has also sold a few designer clothing items out of her closet on Ebay. The money made from that went towards presents for children and teens with sickel cell and she basically wanted to thank everybody for purchasing. In September, she was invited by her friend Maria Menunos to make a trip to the Children's Hospital in Los Angeles and she was really inspired to help out with the foundation. So this Christmas her donations AND the money made from Ebay went towards the "Sickel Cell Disease Christmas Toy Run" brought together by BJ (Mother Love) and Rare Breed MC. She writes: "If any of you would like to make a donation or send gifts (the ages range from newborn to 33-years-old) then please contact Mother Love at (323) 588-1951 for further information". Only serious inquiries please. BJ (Mother Love) spends most of her time helping families in need who are dealing with the disease. She is also affected by Sickle Cell and is working from her bed. So please be respectful".

I live next door to a woman with sickel cell and it's not nice at all. I would often see the ambulance people walk by and cart her off in a wheel chair. She'll be shaking and crying out in pain and it's just not nice so if you can afford it, please donate.



Christina just can't do no wrong in my eyes. Work it girl!



Kelis attended Trace Magazine's 10-year Anniversary Celebration and her rapper husband Nas was right by her side.



Cassie was cheesing alongside Russell Simmons at the Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundations Party.



Nelly Furtado did TRL as did:



Omarion and Nas. OK, Nas isn't usually my type. I use to date the hood boys like Fantasia but now I like them sweet and pretty. However, you gotta admit, Nas is looking kinda scrumptious here!

Beyonce is definitely our woman of the moment. Appearing in EVERY mainstream and urban magazine as of late, Beyonce has the front page coverage and features of two popular magazines. The first one is In Style:



Very pretty. Dark hair accentuates her features the best. These pictures are lovely and elegant and it shows her having some personality. My fear is that the actual interview will take away from the bubbly persona which is displayed in these pictures. You know when you read a Beyonce interview and think, wow that was just dull or wow, she really shouldn't have said that. It's a case of witnessing Beyonce showing she has the brains that emphasises just as much intelligence as a cabbage. Good job she's beautiful with some singing talent then. Even if she doesn't know how to make an interview exciting or articulate herself well (something her younger sister Solange is surprisingly rather good at), just keep coming with the hot music Beyonce and I'm square. Someone should ask her if Jay-Z's manhood really is the size of a coca cola bottle. I know I would. Straight out. Well, here is her spread for Blenda:



Again, these are lovely. Photogenic gorgeous heffa. You gotta love her AND hate her at the same time. Now let me get on Will Smith. I've been in love with this father and son duo for quite some time now. I hope these two make more movies together and if not, Jaden has cemented himself with a future acting career. You know he is the popular kid at school now and the envy of his siblings. Never mind Trey. You had your moment in Just The Two of Us. I do wish they'd cut off those twists because they make him look like a sissy. Like, if you were to stick your tongue out at him he'd shed some tears. An extremely vulnerable sissy. Not saying he is but just that the hair makes him look like one. He is a doll but gorgeous. So, here's a picture taken from Entertainment Weekly:



Fun times. I posted the cover this week and again, they appear on yet another magazine cover. This time, it's Ebony:



Like father, like son. This is sheer inspiration I'm telling you. And it's great that he is keeping his enterprise in the family and allowing his power to expand throughout that family because a lot of black families really don't get that opportunity. So its nice when you come into some power. I wonder if he's turned his back on music. It's been quite a while now. Well, if so, never mind, we got more goodies as far as music is concerned. Here is a some new shoot that Ciara did recently:




She looks fab! But these ones are hotter:





And here are more promo pictures from Ciara's new album Ciara: The Evolution. There are loads more but I just couldn't be bothered to put them up unfortunately so I just decided to post my favourite ones. But you can check out [CIARA WORLD], [SIMPLY CIARA] or [ULTIMATE CIARA] to see the rest. She looks sexy. These pictures are enough to make you ask, what was Bow Wow thinking when he decided to let this girl go? Judging by her Promise video, it sure is hard to believe this girl can't impress a man with her sexiness.

And at last, Ciara addressed the Aaliyah comparisons, but yet STILL refuses to credit Aaliyah because it's clear to see that she blatantly jacks Aaliyah. If anything I see more Aaliyah than Janet in Ciara, the image, the baggy clothes, the moves - all Aaliyah. Erin Carlson of The Associated Press wrote an article about it. He writes: Ciara wants to set something straight. The hit-making dynamo -- known for her hot moves and sexy tomboy style is flattered by all those comparisons to Janet Jackson and the late Aaliyah, but she's not a copycat. She's doing her own thing. "I do feel like we're all different," she told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "You know, it's funny, because people will say, 'She's trying to be like her,' but I'm saying to myself, like, 'I'm trying to do me."'
[SOURCE] Yeah, when she came out with the crunk-fused Goodies she had her own identity but with this album, not so much. I posted her TRL performance last week and it was like looking at Aaliyah's ghost. Chick definitely studied the choreography to Are You That Somebody and then got Tina Landon (Janet's old choreographer) to put her own spin on things but it still looked obvious. The difference is, Aaliyah didn't do so much pop-locking. The Evolution is very fitting for an album title as she has completely evolved into Aaliyah but just won't acknowledge it. I like Ciara and I enjoyed both of her albums but I call it how I see it. If you're inspired by somebody, it doesn't hurt to give a little credit is all I'm saying. Beyonce is obviously inspired by Tina Turner judging by her performances but at least she gives credit. Okay, let me get onto those sales:







These figures are courtesy of Hits Daily and Cici did the damn thang. Her ass is no 1 on the album Billboard chart!!! I wouldn't be surprised if she goes gold in the second week. This sum is TWICE more the amount she sold with her debut Goodies which went on to sell 3 million in the US. Gwen Stefani's numbers are really disappointing for Gwen Stefani. The Dream Girls soundtrack is no surprise. We know that soundtracks don't really sell that big but Beyonce's B'Day is on the rise yet again selling an extremely impressive 102,793 at 15% whilst beating her fella Jay-Z to a pulp. Jay-Z's album Kingdom Come only sold 96,072 copies this week and Beyonce is at a higher chart position after 10 weeks of release. B'Day a flop? Hell. I don't think so. Upgrade U and Green Light are reportedly going to be the next two singles from the B'Day album. Upgrade U is absolutely hot and is definitely single worthy. Yup. Another Beyonce and Jay-Z video. Let's just hope this one is better than that appalling Deja Vu vid and plus, she can scrap video director Sophie Muller for starters.



It will most certainly be a busy year for Ms Ashanti Douglas as she gears herself for big things in the 07. This week she had a chat with BET and spoke more on the new album: "I've been working on a little bit of everything. The album is coming - it's called Incredible. Other than that, I'm in the new film "Resident Evil," coming out in spring of 2007. [I have] a book coming the middle of next year and a line of bags. I'm brewing up a little bit of everything". [SOURCE] Good for her. I love Resident Evil, the first movie and the sequel both had me gripped. This is one movie I can't wait to see. So she had better not screw up my movie. As for the book, did anyone read her first poetry book? OH.MY.GOD. I stood up in HMV and read it. And with disbelief, I laughed sooooo loud. One of those laughs of disbelief that leave you choking until your eyes start to water. I just started coughing violently and the person who was standing like a few yards had to ask if I were okay. They probably thought I was mad but it was on some elementary level of writing. As if a 12-year-old wrote it. There was a line in there about some boy wanting to put his hand up her skirt. I am thinking, if this is talented poetry, I will just strip down to my undies, do a lap dance in the street, hump the lamp-post and get myself arrested. I will most definitely refrain from reading this book in public just in case I embarrass myself again. I write poetry, and I'm good at it. And as for the new album, hated her last one, loved the one before that and despised the first. It didn't help that she was crowned Princess of R&B & Hip Hop weeks after Aaliyah's death and at a time when her debut hadn't even been released yet. But she was still being given prestigious titles when she hadn't achieved jack. Still, I understand it was forced by Irv Gotti but she didn't do anything to throw him off which straight out annoyed me because there were no consideration taken that Aaliyah fans (like myself) were still in mourning. But since she's a nice girl who put out nice beats in the past I look forwards to the new music. Rain On Me will always be my jam.



Besides the X-Factor, I hardly talk about TV on here and after Saturday night, there will be no more X-Factor talk since the show is coming to an end, but you can now apply to audition for The X-Factor 2007. Also American Idol is coming back in the next couple of weeks as is Making The Band 4. I'll get onto that in a sec. Yes, I'm a reality show addict!!! But I wanted to talk about the suspense drama Lost (right now the UK is only in episode four of the third season), and they have killed off Mr Ecko after he was manhandled by um, a mysterious black cloud. I watched it with my sister on Cable and was like dayum, they're killing everybody off. By the time the season finishes, you will just wound up taking some anti-depressants. It's annoying because you'll warm up to a certain character and then something happens to them or sometimes you're left mystified by their flashback scenes, or sometimes you ask yourself, how does this flashback connect with the Island dialogue? And we've seen the mysterious black cloud in previous seasons, but why is it NOW deciding to cause real destruction? And then we have the hatchet spy. Just when you think this show is taking a fall, a plot occurs that gets you buzzed all over again kind of like a heart monitor - up down, up down, brrrrmmmm!



Whilst American Idol 6 will be hitting our screens in the near future, you can now download Katherine McPhee's new single I Lost You/Dangerously courtesy of [STARS ARE BLIND]. Above is her self-titled album cover which is set to be released 30th January 2007.



Click on above image to download the new single. It's true, her sound is definitely R&B-influenced and surprisingly enough I dig the music so check it out!



Making The Band 4, haha. This is a joke. Diddy doesn't know how to promote his acts out of a paper bag. Look at how he is doing poor Danity Kane. And this season, his ass is now looking for the next male vocal group who can vocally give Usher and Justin Timberlake a run for their money. Anyone who turns up to the auditions are naive if you think you will get a good deal of promotion should you successfully make it into the band. You will NOT get promoted. You will be given a VERY tight budget. You will get crap video's and you will have to wait a time span of 60 years before you get another video, so those males who decide to audition, you have been WARNED!!! Anyway, yes, I know I can rant for England but that's me. There were so much more I wanted to say but I'll save that for another day. Stay tuned for more R&B crumbs.

0 Comments: