ALICIA KEYS PUSHES BACK HER NEW ALBUM ....

Alicia Keys is one of my favourite R&B acts and I was really looking forwards to her new album As I Am dropping in October, being that October is my birthday month. I was really excited about that. But As I Am will no longer drop on 23rd October as originally scheduled. The new album has been pushed back to 6th November 2007, and Alicia confirmed this new date in a recent interview. Still, I can't be too mad because at least she's taking her time to bring us a quality record instead of rushing out a new album in under a year with overused producers (Polow Da Don, Swizz Beatz, etc). I'm glad she's not following that bandwagon. I'm not completely jumping for joy at her hooking up with John Mayor though but at least he puts out soul-binding music that gives you something to think about (I guess). He apparently posted these pictures (below) on his official site of him and Alicia in the studio working on her new album:





The title of the song that he co-wrote with her is called "Lesson Learned." Here is what Mayer had to say about Alicia: "This is probably about as obvious as telling you the sky is blue, but Alicia is the most authentic artist of our generation... She's strong where she needs to be...Not just strong as a woman (there are many strong women out there) but strong as an artist (there are few, regardless of gender). She has the vision DOWN and doesn't waste time getting there". On their Krucial Keys blog (which is regularly updated by Alicia and partner Kerry Brothers) they describe how the critics have been acting toward some of her songs and they were amazed at the standard. According to the site when she had the listening session, people were "crying" and were "blown away". Okay, after reading this, I am more hyped than ever. I think Mariah and Alicia are the only two R&B acts that I am really psyched about this year.

0 Comments: