WEDNESDAY'S JUICY R&B SCOOP PART TWO ...

It's nice to see that many of you are voting for your favourite banners but I need more votes. I mean I get approx. 1,400-1,500 visitors a day and 14,000 hits each week so I know that many of you are not voting. I would like to see at least 200 votes. All you need to do is type in ONE number and that's it. Your vote makes all the difference. Time is running out! Anyway, today is the American Idol finale right? Who do you think is going to win it? I am pretty confident that Jordin Sparks will take the crown tonight. But Blake also has a loyal female and teenage-girl following so Jordin can be in for a rude awakening just like Melinda was last week. It appears you have to be pretty and marketable to make it these days. Hell, Amy Winehouse sure aint no damn sexy or gorgeous. As much as I love her latest new album Back to Black, some would say her music gives her some sort of sex appeal and as she's a great singer, there were no probs sealing that deal. And it doesn't hurt that she's the right colour. I mean, if Melinda was to walk into a record executive's office and belt out her talent, they would take one look at her and say "sorry, you're not right for this industry. Shut the door on your way out" and yet Cassie gets another crack at it so that's really telling you something.

Beyonce graces the front cover of British girl's magazine Cosmopolitan, the June 2007 issue:


[image courtesy of beyonceworld.net]

I haven't read this magazine for quite some time now but I may pick this one up as Beyonce mildly talks about her relationship with Jay-Z, though she continues to say VERY little on that subject matter. And can you actually believe that she's only had two boyfriend's from since 13-19? She won't say their names but everyone knows that Lyndal was her first love. And didn't she briefly date rapper Mosdef before hooking up with Jay-Z? Haha! I think we have our answer there. I still find it hard to believe that she's only had two boyfriends during that time though or at least only showed an interest in two guys. After all, I've been reading certain things that say otherwise such as her and Marques Houston getting close back in the day and Carmen Bryan claiming in her book that she took an interest in Nas when they shot a music video together with R&B singer Ginuwine. And at least we finally get some new pictures because I am so sick and tired of seeing the same recycled photoshoots in various magazines. You can view two of those new pictures after the jump.

New Beyonce pictures from Cosmo:



Looking chic and sassy!

Beyonce talks about Hollywood's obsession with size 0 models and actresses and says young girls should be thinking about having fun and not her weight but it's such a shame Beyonce doesn't take her own advice:



I mean she even admitted herself that she starved herself like HELL just for Dreamgirls and you could definitely see it. And wasn't she slaughtered when the media misinterpreting her comments that she only eats lettuce and tomatoes for lunch? Many young girls look up to Bey so I can see how those comments can do damage and come across as concerning. But overall, this was one of her really cute and sassy photoshoots. I am absolutely feeling these.

Mini Beyonce aka Rihanna continued her attack on British shores this week, as she performed her no 1 single Umbrella on British breakfast show GMTV (Good Morning TV):



Rihanna really has been enjoying her stay in London over the past couple of days. I absolutely loved her make-up and she looked cute. Rihanna is also looking to tour the UK real soon so I’ll keep you guys updated on that.

And yet we get another Mya sighting when she attended the DDCLAB & Surface Magazine Party yesterday:



Looking hot!

Janet Jackson is on the new cover of US Weekly, a year after the magazine's historic issue which sold the most copies EVER when Janet graced the magazine's front page:


[image via Cake & Icecream]

I see they are trying to cash in again but I say a big fat yawn. We've seen and heard it all before. You've lost 60lbs, you've been on a yo-yo diet for many years and your body puts many women 20 years younger to shame. We get the point Janet. You've done an incredible job. Now go and make some babies with Jermaine Dupri or, or just do something.

Meanwhile, everybody in the music biz wants to become an actress now. Ciara is to star in 'Mama I Want To Sing' and will belt out hits from the gospel play:



CodeBlack Entertainment is producing a feature film version of Vy Higginsen’s 80s stage play “Mama, I Want to Sing!" that will star R&B standout Ciara opposite co-stars Patti LaBelle and Lynn Whitfield, reports Variety. The Off-Broadway gospel musical, based on the true story of “Just One Look” singer Doris Troy, follows a preacher's daughter (Ciara) who rises from the church choir to pop stardom. The stage show played more than 2,400 performances between 1983 and 1991."Mama" will begin rolling cameras next month in Baton Rouge, La, and is scheduled to be released in February under CodeBlack's multi-picture deal with Fox's FoxFaith label. The film marks the first feature role for Ciara. Damn damn damn. Even Cassie has landed herself a movie role and Rihanna has also stated that she'd like to do a movie after the music. You can all blame Beyonce for that one. They all want to follow, even though they have no acting training whatsoever. Interesting.

The June issue of Sister 2 Sister features an interview with Ray-J where he talks about his new-found fame in the adult video industry:



Regarding his sex tape with ex-girlfriend Kim, Ray J tells Sister 2 Sister's Jamie Foster Brown: "A lot of the times when I have sex, and after I’m done, I think to myself, man, I hope my performance was something that she'll always remember…it's important to me". Ray-J who is the younger brother of R&B singer Brandy, also claims that he has a sponsorship deal with Trojan condoms and then goes into his post-tape relationship with Kim Kardashian, as well as his romances with notorious "video vixen" Karrine Steffans and superstar Whitney Houston. Here are a couple of extracts from the interview:

On Kim:
"Everybody makes tapes. I've spoken with her briefly,” he said of his ex-girlfriend and sex tape co-star Kardashian. "I'm going to try to reach out to her more and more because I want to continue to be friends with her and she's always been a positive influence in my life."

On Superhead:
I walked down the red carpet and they're snapping, and guess who’s standing by me? Superhead, trying to get closer and closer," Ray J recalls of an incident at an event he attended, which was also attended by Karrine "Superhead" Steffans. I’m like, wait a minute. This ain't no good look."

On Whitney Houston:
"I love Whitney," he admits, adding that he and his mother consider the superstar singer "family."

I also notice how the caption on the magazine reads: Why Do All The Women Want Ray-J? Come again? Unless my mind is made out of tin foil because I have NEVER found Ray-J to be attractive. Not even slightly. I think everyone is hot on him right now because well, they saw the sextape and he is well packing as far as downstairs is concerned. He better make all the mint out of this whilst he can before his stint fades. He certainly isn’t a talented actor/singer so if this is work, he better get as much as it as he can before his 15 minutes runs out.

Anyway, Sister 2 Sister is now on the shelves so if you long to read more, go and pick it up. And on that note I'm out.

Stay tuned!

0 Comments: