THURSDAY'S R&B JUICE ...

It was girl power in the Spice Girls reunion which saw Mel B not get left out this time. The Spice Girls attended David Beckham's 32nd birthday party at Cipriani restaurant in London - May 2, 2007. The last time all the Spices hooked up was when Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice) had a christening for her daughter Bluebell Madonna a couple of weeks ago. All the Spices were in attendance except for Mel B who had just given birth to her daughter Angel. However, the Spice Girl missing this time was Mel C (Sporty Spice) who has been really busy relaunching her solo career with a new single and album:



Mel B is taking Eddie Murphy (the father of her baby) to court all because he REFUSES to take a paternity test and sign the birth certificate [READ MORE]. That piece of crap was demanding a paternity test throughout Mel's pregnancy and now that Mel is willing to go ahead with it, he doesn't want to know. Deep down I feel Eddie KNOWS that Angel is his baby but out of guilt and shame he just cannot bring himself to face Mel or look her in the eye after the way he publicly treated her. And believe you me, karma will get him and if it doesn't, it will turn back on those whom he dearly loves because that's how karma works. I have seen it. Obviously, the man upstairs is watching which is why He made Angel arrive on the EXACT DAY that Eddie was born and that is definetely a sign (and NOT a coincidence), and Eddie just doesn't seem to realise that. Anyway, Mel B appeared to be thrilled at reuniting with Emma Bunton (middle) who is also expecting her first baby with Jade Jones (right) of Damage fame. Damage use to be a really successful R&B group in the UK a couple of years ago. Jade and Emma have been dating on and off for the past decade now.

Victoria Beckham was there of course as it was her man's birthday bash but this chick seems to be eating away rapidly. Aint no one convincing me that she has gotten over that eating disorder. And David's hair is just nasty, looking like an overly peroxide Ken doll:



But my my my, look at Geri Halliwell (Ginger). Judging by that face, single motherhood must be really taking its toll on the once bonafide sexy Spice Girl. On top of that Mel knows she was wrong to rock that dress. I mean c'mon, you just had a baby, your boobs are going to be gigantic because that's what having a baby does to you. She just needed to tone it down, just a little. Apart from that though she looked great!



This week, the drop-dead gorgeous Christina Milian attended the US launch of UK health and beauty brand, "Boots":






So she looked gorgeous (when does she not?) but I'm not feeling that dress AT ALL and Christina is like one of my fashion icons.

Cheetah Girl Adrienne Bailey (of 3LW fame) attended Vanessa and Angela Simmon's launch party for their new sneaker line, Pastry, in New York:





Irv Gotti was there too. Maybe he can give the fading 3LW a record deal. Oops, I forgot - the Inc went bust right?

Heather Headley performed at the 3nd Annual Plymouth Jazz Festival:



Another extremely talented artist that doesn't get much recognition around these parts. I'm totally feeling her latest album.

And that is to the person who sent me out an email accusing me of only showing favouritism to all the "light skinned" artists and not giving any of the "dark skinned" artists any love. That theory is so not true. All of my favourite singers (Mariah, Alicia, Tamia, etc) are light skinned by coincidence. But there are also many dark skinned artists that I love too. I was also accused of not doing enough features on Fantasia. Um, hello! Where have you been? Fantasia has been getting features on this blog nearly EVERY week! Don't I not post public appearances, photoshoots and music vids of Fantasia recently? Didn't I review Fantasia's new video last week? Didn't I post pictures of her Color Purple debut a couple weeks ago and pictures of her new video a couple of months prior to that? Didn’t I review her album last year and give it a positive review? Do I not constantly praise the girl on her acting success? Hell, Fantasia gets more features on here than Beyonce do. I also show Kelly Rowland much love as well. She was even featured in a banner that Random J designed for me. So it really hurts me when people make such accusations. It was also stressed that my blog is only ever dedicated to R&B artists like Ciara, Rihanna and Beyonce but those three are HOT PROPERTY right now so yeah, of course they are going to get a lot of features on here. As for me not featuring artists like India Arie, I don't consider India to be a contemporary R&B artist and that is what my blog is all about basically. Also Macy Gray is not R&B either but I've done a feature on her once as well. So, to Pamela Jenkins, if my blog doesn't meet your standards then maybe you should find one that does.



NEW MUSIC ....



Usher tells Chris Brown, Omarion and Ne-yo to step back - as "Daddy's Home!" [READ MORE]. Um Usher, Chris Brown is STILL a better dancer than you and he's MUCH nicer to look at so lets stop with the cockiness OK? Anyway, here's an exclusive track with him and R.Kelly called Same Girl. I am totally feeling this track. It's sultry and the two male vocals combine pretty well especially on a track like this. And it's not surprising considering that these two have been music competitors over the years. Out of principle, I've been blocking out R.Kelly and have found myself refusing to listen to his music and watching his video's but as Usher is featured on this track, I just HAD to give it a listen and I'm glad that I did. That said, I cannot wait for Usher's comeback.

And as we're on the topic of Chris Brown, he is clearly on his way:



Here's a Chris Brown exclusive. Wall to Wall is supposedly the first single taken off the new album Exclusive:



Sounds like a complete recycle of Run It if you ask me. But I need to hear the track in high quality before I make a final judgement. If you can't hear the track, then click here.



R&B Bites: Toya's views on new video premieres, performances and latest news.

MYA PUSHES BACK "LIBERATION"...



Word has it that Mya's new album "Liberation" has been pushed back. AGAIN?!?!?! Can we say this project has had more push-backs than the amount of times many of us has changed our underwear? The new set was slated to be released 26th June and now it has been pushed back to 14th August. This is not good and I'm starting to give up on the project. I'm starting to believe her album will NEVER come out. Remember when her new album was called Control Freak and it was set to drop 14th November 2006? And since then the date changes have become consistent since then. This is soooo not a good look on Mya's behalf and I know her fans will be racking their brains out in sheer frustration.

Meanwhile, check out this clip of Mya performing new album track "Ridin":



Cute outfit. Ridin' is going to be the 2nd single and goes for adds on 26th June 2006.

Here's the new Young Jeezy video which features his boo Keyshia Cole. The track is called "Dreamin'" and it premiered on Access Granted last night:



Well, it was only a matter of time before these two found themselves locked together in a duet. Christina Milian and her fella Dre, Beyonce and her boo Jay-Z, Jennifer Lopez and her hubby Marc Anthony, Janet and JD, Britney and Justin, etc have all been there so why not? When are we going to get one from Ashanti and Nelly? Anyway, the song is cool but the video was cute especially the opening. Now come back out with another slammin' album Keyshia! We're anticipatin'!

Stay tuned. Stay entertained.

0 Comments: