ALICIA KEYS: BEATS MARY J BLIGE'S RECORD + MARY'S IPOD COMMERCIAL....

On Tuesday, I reported that Alicia Keys sold 723K of new album As I Am in her first week. However, chart sales aren't finalised until WEDNESDAY so those first week sales weren't accurate:



The reality is that Alicia's finalised numbers have her as selling 742,000 copies (confirmed by nielscan/Billboard), breaking Mary J Blige's record for highest first week sales for a female R&B artist. I know Mary fans must be seething now that Mary has lost her record. Who knows, she may even reclaim it when she drops new album Growing Pains on Dec 18. But I wouldn't count on it. There just isn't that much hype surrounding this album like last time as much as I'm looking forwards to it. You can check out Mary's iPod/iTunes commercial after the cut.

MARY J BLIGE: IPOD/ITUNES COMMERCIAL:

0 Comments: