HAS KEYSHIA'S ALBUM BEEN PUSHED BACK UP?



Keyshia Cole sat down and had a rendezvous with MTV as she spoke about the details surrounding her new single Let It Go and upcoming sophomore album Just Like You. She is currently in the production stages of completing the video. It was reported that Keyshia's new album was expected to drop 18th September 2007 but according to MTV, the new album will drop in August. Here's a couple of tidbits about Keyshia's latest offering:

-"Let It Go" features a sample of "Juicy Fruit" by funk/soul group Mtume; the same tune was sampled on Notorious B.I.G.'s breakout hit "Juicy."

- Keyshia has tried her hand at producing on the new album.

- Here's what she had to say about the new video: "The concept of the video," Cole explained, "was you know, I'm chillin' at home, I just want to go out, they want me to go out, so I go out. I go do my thing and have a good time, basically. It's a party concept: This is what you need to do when you hear this song come on at the club. That's what you need to do with this record: Let it go."

- As well as Missy and Kim, Scott Storch, Too Short, Bryan-Michael Cox and Sean Garrett have all contributed to Just Like You, the follow-up to her 2005 debut, The Way It Is.

0 Comments: