WEEKEND R&B JUICE!!!

Yesterday, Mariah Carey performed to a crowd of up to 5,000 fans at the One Mighty Party in Paris, France - an exceptional concert given at Disneyland to help the Elton John Foundation's fight against AIDS. During her performance of Heartbreaker it was raining which is what caused her to rock the umbrella (for a minute I'd have thought she was paying a tribute to Rihanna, lol):




Joking about the unfavorable weather, the singer said some witty remarks, and was cheered on by the audience, most of whom participated in the "Pride Walk" that was scheduled earlier in the capital: "Okay, it rains, but it's okay, I'm dropping the umbrella and what a pity for my hair," said Mariah, in a hooded mini-cardigan dress, before hitting the notes in "Heartbreaker."

"Wow, I have to warm things up!" she said, putting her breasts back to their place, they were obviously too tight in the outfit. "Because I'm a diva, I gotta check what's going wrong," she joked again, watching herself in a diamond mirror a dancer gave her. "Well, it is a total and complete mess," she added. "Next time I'm gonna do 'Singing In The Rain' instead." Ha. Ever the humourous diva that Mariah continues to be. At the concert, Mariah sang remixes to "Dreamlover" and "We Belong Together." But she took the time to change her outfit between each song. So Mariah ended up leaving the stage all wet, saying goodbye to the audience as fireworks lightened up the sky above the castle.

Yesterday, Rihanna was spotted at an LA gym as she took the time out to tone up:




I absolutely love her sneakers. I need those in my life. RIGHT NOW!!! I wonder if her Umbrella single will make it a 7th week at the top in the UK charts. Umbrella is on course to be the BIGGEST selling single in 2007. And props to her too. Beyonce (as much as I love her) isn't the only sista who knows how to rule the world.

You've seen the absolutely hot-tastic Gotta Work video and Amerie still manages to spread her hotness in the pages of male magazine FHM (July 2007 issue):



I am going to flick through this today just to get a glimpse of the photoshoot and once I get hold of it, I will surely post, but Amerie right here is a BAD bitch.

Earlier today in London, Princes William and Harry attended rehearsals prior to The Concert For Diana at Wembley Stadium where they chilled with Joss Stone:



Other urban acts who will be performing at the concert include Nelly, Fergie, Pharrell Williams and Kanye West. Concert for Diana, the musical celebration of the life of Princess Diana, can be seen in its entirety on VH1 Sunday.

The following event was definitely an R&B haven. Tatyana Ali, Letoya Luckett, Keyshia Cole, Ashanti, Chrisette Michele, Lil Kim, Tyrese, Ray J, Diana's boy Evan Ross, Tiny and her man T.I attended the Atlantic Records 60th Anniversary this week:









Keyshia looks good. In other Keyshia news, her new single Let It Go was originally Fantasia's. She admits: "Fantasia did this track before I did it," explains Cole later, on a short break between shooting party scenes. "It didn't go on her album but I thought it was real hot. So when we were all in New York, I recorded it."

Elliott didn't even think Cole would go for "Let it Go." "I tried to hurry up past it cause I felt Keyshia wouldn't want it. She said she wanted to work with me and I really didn't know what kind of direction she wanted to go in," says Elliott. "But as soon as the chords came on she was like, 'Wait-wait-wait stop! Stop!' She was like all, who record is that? I was like, well [Fantasia] had too many records on her album so I couldn’t take it. And she wanted it."

To make the track complete, they called their friend Lil Kim up to the studio. "It only made sense cause this record takes people back to Biggie, and before Biggie, Mtume," explains Elliott, referring to the original group sampled for BIG's "Juicy" and now, "Let it Go." On her "Let It Go" verse, Elliott raps "They gon' mix it with Biggie 'IT WAS ALL A DREAM!' like dayyyum, that's hot." Elliott continued, "The newer generation remembers Biggie, so we need Kim on there to make it official. We haven't had a ladies night since 'Ladies Night.' Keyshia believed in this record, she made me believe in it. It probably would have been sitting around, collecting dust. But once we put the vocals on it, I had no regrets in giving it to her. It was like a banana split: something just very sweet, we just had to keep eatin it!"

All I know is she better come HARD with her new album this September.

This week, Kelly Rowland performed Like This with Eve on Jimmy Kimmel Live earlier this week:



She also performed Dilemma. It was okay but you just can't deny that Kelly has been looking really hot over the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, here's a final round-up of the pre-BET Award parties, starting with Solange. Never realised she was THIS pretty. Until I spotted that new nose. Nice job.




And The Cheetah Girls were there but why were they at the BET Awards is my question?

This week, Janet Jackson and longtime lover Jermaine Dupri were spotted leaving a coffee shop in Beverly Hills after having an early breakfast:



Janet looks great with very little make-up. I wonder how she has managed to keep the weight down for so long.

R&B Bites

1. Alicia Keys will be performing on Fashion Rock this year which air sometime in September. Her new single is supposed to go to radio in August.

2. Keke Wyatt will be releasing her sophomore album this year. Read more.

0 Comments: