R&B FALL TIDBITS: JANET JACKSON, ALICIA KEYS & KELLY ROWLAND....

In a press conference to promote her new movie, Why Did I Get Married?, Janet has confirmed that as of yet, long-term collaborators and friends Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are not taking part on her upcoming album. She also confirmed that she will be working with Ne-yo, Jermaine Dupri and Rodney Jerkins.



I don't understand why she's going back to Jermaine Dupri after the 2006 fiasco with the flop of her 20 Years Old album. I know he's her man and she wants to show her loyalty but that is not a good move on her behalf. Their music chemistry actually sucks and it is no where NEAR as cohesive as his connection with Mariah Carey.

Alicia's 2nd single will be the Timbaland produced "Like You'll Never See Me Again" said to have a "Purple Rain" type vibe a la Prince:



Now you know that sounds hot as hell. I am now dying to hear this track.

Not only will Kelly Rowland embark on an eagerly-awaited North American fall tour in support of sophomore solo LP, Ms. Kelly but she also managed to squeeze out a third single which will coincide with the re-release of the Ms. Kelly album.



The track in question? 'Still In Love With My Ex'. I don't really mean to be negative or condescending but I don't think a new single or a re-release will make much difference to her poor sales. Supposedly, she's working with Danja for her re-release. She is not a smart one because she should have worked with him from day one and quite frankly, I have to say I GIVE UP. She was on TRL the other day, so check out THAT GRAPE JUICE to see the clips if you missed it.

0 Comments: