Janet Jackson to release special reissue of ‘The Velvet Rope’ for it’s 25th anniversary...

A deluxe edition of Janet Jackson's 'The Velvet Rope' will arrive this Friday (October 7th) – exactly 25 years after the album was first released. The reissue will include bonus tracks, B-sides and remixes from Blackstreet, J. Dilla, Timbaland and Missy Elliott. See the full tracklist here

I love this album so f*cking much. No one can tell me the 'Velvet Rope' tour wasn't everything. I didn't think I could love another album from her as much as I did with 1993's 'Janet.' The project was very eclectic. It served banger after banger, touching on very important social issues such as racism, homosexuality, violence, and domestic abuse. I love the album the way it is and probably wouldn't be invested in a reissue. However, just like with Mariah Carey recently releasing the 25th anniversary edition of ‘Butterfly,’ I totally understand why she wants to commemorate it.

0 Comments: