ALICIA KEYS: 'AS I AM' SELLS 723K IN FIRST WEEK....

Wow. According to HitsDailyDouble, Alicia Keys sold a staggering 723K in her first week with new album As I Am: With Turkey Day upon us, Alicia Keys provides the trimmings. Coming off a scintillating American Music Awards [performance], the J Records superstar provides plenty of reason for Clive Davis and company to give thanks with the year's second-biggest debut week, with As I Am bowing at #1, scoring an impressive 723k in sales.



She comes SECOND place with having the BIGGEST first week numbers of 2007! What an accomplishment. Rapper Kanye West beat her to first position with first week sales of 930k back in September with new album Graduation. I always knew she was going to sell well but those numbers are phenomenal. She was actually predicted to sell around 550K and she ended up battering those numbers with a sledge hammer. Predictions this time were waaaay off the mark. In fact, this is her best sales debut EVER. Her debut album Songs In A Minor sold 235,000 in its first week whilst Diary sold 618,000. I am so happy for Alicia. As I Am is a great album. Mary J Blige did those numbers 2 years ago with The Breakthrough. And with her new sound, it'll be interesting to see if she can repeat those numbers or do even better with upcoming album Growing Pains. Chris Brown's new album Exclusive is doing pretty good as well. He sold 301,824 copies in his first week, and with the help of his AMA performance, shifted another 102,904 copes this week. He is almost gold. Anyway, here's my album review for As I Am for those who missed out. And if you still haven't copped her album, you should! As I Am is in stores now!

0 Comments: