MONICA HITS BACK AT "THUG" COMMENTS TOWARDS HER SON...

Remember when I posted pictures of Monica's son Lil Rock dressed up in Sean Jean and Rocawear attire? Well I've reposted the pictures below. It seems like my rant got back to her. I posted the following comment:

"R&B singer Monica thinks its cute to have her son Lil Rock morphed from an innocent little boy to a hard thug. Looks like he's on the rampage to hustle and sell some weed. What is the world coming to these days? I would NEVER have my 3-year-old boy dressed up like this. What message is she trying to send out here? Then folks wonder why today's youth end up dead before their time or spend the rest of their lives in prison. Positive enforcement is what we need to be teaching our kids today. NOT THIS".



And then when I read her statement it was 100% cohesive to what I wrote above. I know she was addressing my comments because she took the time out to address EVERYTHING I wrote in her defensive statement. I love Monica as an artist and felt that the clothes just weren't fitting for a 2-year-old. I however do not know what goes on in her home and how she raises her kid. I'm sure she's a good mother to Rodney so if my comments came across as condescending where Monica felt that I and others were questioning her skills as a mother, then it wasn't intended to do so. Continue to read Monica's statement.

MONICA'S STATEMENT

I truly thank [my fans] for their love and support. It's something that motivates me as a mother and as a person. Their love and support has carried me through a 13-year career, one child, and four albums.

And because of those that prefer not to hate, I'll always make music and let them into my personal life. I was made aware of the few people that did not like his choice of attire. But who are we to judge? Truth be told: it should be respected that he's on a major website wearing clothes that were created and made by Black men.

How do we constantly find negative when only positive exists? Is it a problem with the world or people in general? My son is being raised by strong black men, so therefore, when I dress him, I dress him as one. Not as a thug, not as a hoodlum.

How he dresses reflects nothing that I teach him. Morals and values are instilled in our home and in our lives. And for those that choose to speak negative, I simply must say take a look at self and dissect the problems within before you try to look at my life and dissect mine. My son is loved, blessed, favored by God and supported by many.

Thank you very much Sean "Puffy" Combs and the Rocafella family. We love you and will support you at all costs.

0 Comments: