WEEKEND R&B GRIND!

As 2007 is two days away, I've decided that I'm going to put more concentration on writing music reviews, the way my old blog use to be. Oh, and I was being sarcastic when I referred to Fantasia as "drop dead gorgeous" but long-term Toya's World readers would already know that. LOLOLOLOL! I still can't get over that image out of my head. I am also thinking of setting up a Toya's World chat-room for 2007. A lot of blogs are now doing this and I actually like the idea. Anyway, let me get on my R&B grind.

R&B starlet Ciara graces the front cover of Vibe magazine but the picture has been airbrushed to the max. Since when has Ms Harris been a contender for the big ass award? Where did it come from? Did she eat herself an ass over the Christmas or maintained some kind of growth spurt? Oh wait, it was possibly put there at the click of a mouse and an imagery program:

Wow. They even provided her with some cyber implants. But she does look hot. In other Ciara news, you can now vote as to which single you want Ciara to release next by going to her official Myspace
right here and voting in the poll. The three choices are "That's Right", "Like a Boy" and "Can't Leave 'Em Alone". I want her to release Like A Boy because the song is mad hot to me and has the potential to be what Cassie's Me & U was to 2006. The beat is infectious and I know she'd come with yet another hot dance video.

Rihanna looked totally bootylicious when she performed at halftime of the Brut Sun Bowl, Oregon State vs Missouri match:






The guy she was provocatively dancing with had all his treats come early for the new year it seems. He really is putting some oomph into that position but who wouldn't with gorgeous sexy Rihanna? In other Rihanna news, there is even talk of an official first single from her as-yet untitled new album. The track is called "By Yo Side"
[SOURCE] and I'm even told the album will be a very dance-filled album with lots of club joints unlike her monster-hit album A Girl Like Me.

Aspen, Colorado seems to be the no1 destination for TWO world-class R&B diva's who happen to hate each others guts. Don't forget that Mariah Carey blasted Jennifer Lopez a couple of years ago for "stealing" a beat that was supposed to be hers and Mariah is still icy. The beat was actually used for Jennifer's smash hit I'm Real. Well, she certainly was being real judging by these newest pictures:
.


And she definitely made sure to show her bitter rival how it should really be done. Mariah, really, take a prime example from Jenny Lo Lo as to how you should look in the winter blues. Jenny looks magnificent! Jenny also covers the Spanish edition of People:

[SOURCE]

She looks okay, not her best shoot by a long shot but cool. On the Mariah front, she WILL be collaborating with dancehall pop artist Sean Paul for her new album to be released next year according to one of her fansites:



It seems that Sean Paul will be going in the studio after the New Year with Mariah Carey to record a song called "Swing it Home" or "Swing it on Home".

Please note we are not able to confirm the above information. It was sent to us from a source in Atlantic Records. We will of course keep you updated on any news regarding this - Maggie.


If this is true, I think it would be HOT. Anything that Sean Paul touches usually turns out hot - Break It Off (Rihanna and Sean Paul), Baby Boy (Beyonce and Sean Paul), Breathe (Blu Cantrell and Sean Paul), etc

American Idol 6 will be gracing our TV screens in two weeks time and Paris who made the top 5 in the finals is coming out with an album in March. I was over at
[MONICA MANICA] where it was reported that she has worked with Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins on the new album.

Ex-American Idol contestant Paris Bennett will release her debut album "Princess P" on March 2007 via independent label 306 Entertainment. The set will be preceded by the lead single "Dreamin". [SOURCE]

What a stuuupid name for an album title and she expects people to take her seriously as an artist? I did like her though at times she was really annoying. Hated her squeaky voice and over-the-top pigtails, hated her bad sense of style, hated everything but her singing. Everyone was saying she was the second coming of Fantasia.

R&B Crumbs:

Here are some R&B crumbs for you to think about.

1. Monica's next single will be Sideline Ho but is it all over for her new album The Makings of Me?
2. Why is Letoya Luckett taking so damn long to release her next single So Obvious? I always knew Capitol was a screw loose.
3. How will Omarion's new album 21 shape up after this Tuesday's release? Will he have the first R&B no1 of 2007? Will he have the first no 1 album of 2007 period?

So now that I'm done with the goss, let's press on with the music side of things.

R&B Musical Fabtacular

I think I have found my new crush for 2007. Ya'll know I am madly in love with Sterling Simms right? He is the new Def Jam artist that sings the hook on Jay-Z's hot track Dig-A-Hole and plus he is in my age group - he's 23 I'm told. Yay! Well, his single is dropping in the early quarter of 2007 and his debut album will soon follow. Well not only is he gorgeous but the boy can definitely sing. I have had some of his music for the past couple of weeks but here are two tracks of his to get you all buzzed:

I Know - Sterling Simms [DOWNLOAD]
Juice In My Cup - Sterling Simms [DOWNLOAD]
.
I heard his new single Jump Off yesterday and the track is fiyah. Once I have the mp3, I'll definetely put it up. [CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO JUMP OFF BY STERLING]

Etienne sent me this new Kiley Dean track called Changes. The track is great. I'm definitely feeling it. It's a mid-tempo R&B track with a nice beat and electronic undertone.

But when is this chick dropping? Her album was supposed to be out MONTHS AGO, but things just don't seem to be happening for her. Again, this is a shame because she is one of those white artists with soul and raw talent. I hope next year she actually comes with something.

Changes - Kiley Dean [DOWNLOAD]

Last week, Cherish came out of hibernation to attend BET's 106 party and they will be coming out with a new single in the coming weeks (about time too). This track is a cute little song. It is a B-Side I-tunes track so check it out:


Ghetto Mentality - Cherish [DOWNLOAD]

I have five full Leona Lewis tracks from our X-Factor winner and Simon Cowell is now her manager and he is currently grooming her to become a big star in the United States and I don't think she will fail. Rumour has it that Clive Davis has offered her a 10 million recording contract but I don't know how true that is.

I DO know that he wanted to sign her to J Records so who knows? She is the British answer to Mariah Carey without a doubt. These tracks are unreleased songs Leona recorded in a bid for music stardom just before she entered the X-Factor.

Breath - Leona Lewis [DOWNLOAD
Loving You - Leona Lewis [DOWNLOAD]
Dance With You - Leona Lewis [DOWNLOAD]
Paradise - Leona Lewis [DOWNLOAD]
What You Do To Me [DOWNLOAD]

They are nice tracks especially What You Do To Me, even if they sound a little under done, I know when she releases her debut album later on in 2007, it is going to be a great album. Simon has already hooked her up with some of the best songwriters and producers in the biz and he says the songs will be world-class and original.

Keri Hilson first made her public debut on Diddy's new album Press Play on the song After Love and will be coming out with her own solo album next year. One of the tracks taken from the new album goes by the name Where Did He Go. It's refreshing and she has a nice voice. She is definitely one of those underground artists that should be noticed. Check out the track:

Where Did He Go - Keri Hilson [DOWNLOAD]

Last but certainly not least, these two Mario tracks are taken from his new album GO! The album that keeps getting pushed back simultaneously. Unfortunately, the album has been pushed back from 9th January to 4th April 2007. There will be guest appearances from my girl Alicia Keys as well as Nelly. Producers include Jimmy Jam, Terry Lewis, Polow Da Don, Ne-yo and the
Neptunes.



Crying Out For Me - Mario [DOWNLOAD]
Who - Mario [DOWNLOAD]

Crying Out For Me sounds very Usher, like ala Burn part 2 but I love his vocals on this track. He has definitely stepped up vocally and that's what we like to see from our finer R&B artists. Who is absolutely fab. I'm loving this track to the fullest. Effortless is really shaping up to be a nice album. I am a bit annoyed that they pushed it back again though.
Stay tuned for more R&B crumbs!

0 Comments: