WEEKEND CRUMMIES ...

British readers, you all know the journalist Ashley Blake? He reports for the BBC. I saw him in Russells. Last night in Lozells, Birmingham, my friend and I were in Russell's and we saw him. Russell's is a West Indian restaurant and the best one in Birmingham. I practically live there every Friday because their food is the bomb, so if anyone comes to Birmingham in the UK, check out Russells in Lozells! Ashley was in there eating his Caribbean food. I was going to go over to him and ask him how he kick-started his journalism career with the BBC but didn't (I have an NVQ qualifiCcation in Media & Communication). Knowing me I'd probably have made an assprick of myself. My mama knows his father Lloyd Blake. So now you all know that Ashley Blake likes to eat out at Russells!!! Haha! I just thought I'd share that little tidbit with ya'll. Secondly, there is a new record for Toya's World. This week alone I received over 20,000 hits so I want to thank EVERYBODY for visiting my site and for recommending it to others. Tell everyone to visit Toya's World because this is the hot spot for all of your latest R&B scoop.

There is just no justice in this world for those who are well deserving of it. Upon finding out that Tamia's fantastic new album Between Friends sold a lacklustre 20,000 copies coming in at #66, I found myself gritting my teeth so damn hard, my gums almost bled due to the intensity of the pressure. I don't think she'll ever get her due recognition because she's basically just another R&B artist who doesn't pop lock, shake her ass or put herself in scantily-clad to barely there clothing. In other words, it could be argued that she doesn't sell because figuratively speaking, she's not exciting enough for this type of fickle industry and a fickle industry it truly is. These days having talent alone isn't enough to pull you through. Syleena Johnson and Shanice are all very talented singers and they can't even catch a break. This deeply saddens me. Anyway, check out these two new gorgeous pictures of Ciara below:



Janet Jackson may not be selling records like she use to, but in the latest issue of King, Grammy Award-winning R&B singer Ciara appreciates the comparisons and rightly so. Janet will always be an icon in this day and age. If I were a singer, I'd be honoured just to have my name featured in the same sentence as this legend. However, in the interview she insists that she has never tried to emulate her idol.



The "Goodies" hitmaker, 21, grew up admiring Jackson's work, but has always been determined to establish her own unique style. She says, "Janet definitely inspired me when I was younger but getting so many comparisons to her really motivates me to become my own artist. Some things are similar, but I don't think it's forced. Our songs are different - from the production to the videos." Not so much the video's because the video Promise was definetely a carbon copy of vintage Janet. It reminded me so much of Janet's Pleasure Principle meets Aaliyah's Are You That Somebody. Actually, I'm quite shocked that the late R&B singer didn't get a mention since her look and image has been 100% Aaliyah lately. Anywho, who cares? I don't. Her album is going to be a banger judging by those snippets which leaked last week. Can't wait to hear the album in full. I know I'll be blasting that out in the car.




Alicia Keys new movie Smokin' Aces looks like it's going to be great judging by these new pictures of her. Whilst I'm not much of a fan of Ben Affleck's movies, I will go and see this anyway simply because Alicia, who is one of my favourite R&B artists is in the movie and I want to see if she has what it takes to bowl us over. She certainly does come across as mean in the movie. This is a side of her I will definetely enjoy seeing!

Well, well, well ... what do we have here? More Beyonce and Jay-Z appearances. Yesterday, the high-profile music couple attended a party for NFL player Larry Johnson:



And whilst, we're on the subject of Bee, check out these caps of Beyonce and Jennifer Hudson in the movie Dream Girls. They both look great, especially Beyonce in that top picture. She really needs to stick with the dark hair because it really does accentuate her beauty than the actual blonde, which is just tired.





Well, Beyonce certainly wasn't playing with all that weight loss. I am glad she has put back on the weight though.




Gwen Stefani looks fabulous on her latest Entertainment Weekly cover which the photoshoot took place in London. I can't stop playing her album. The music is so damn catchy and addictive.



Christina Aguilera kickstarted her Back II Basics tour in Ireland.




The Britney and Paris saga continues, and some thangs never change. This week, after the American Music Awards, the police swooped outside the hotel heiress' Hollywood home, when the music got a little too loud for folks on the block. Britney should be at home with her children, not partying it up every night and causing grief. I guess she's showing her soon-to-be-ex-husband that he's not the only one who can do it. Two wrongs don't make a right though. Her dodgy weave just gets worse and worse.

Earlier this week, a premiere party for Brandon T. went down in Los Angeles, California. Celebs in attendance included Chico Benymon ('Half & Half'), Marcus Paulk ('Moesha'), Esther Baxter, Al. B. Sure, Chris Brown, Kiely Williams (Cheetah Girls/3LW), Evan Ross ('ATL'), Teck $ (Real World Hawaii) and more so check out the action below:




Video chick Esther looks fantastic, if I weren't straight, alongside Christina Milian and Jessica Alba, she'd be perfect! I do feel that she may need to get a boob reduction though when those back pains start to kick in. I know she cherishes them because it gets her all the hot spots in the latest Hip Hop/R&B video's. Chris Brown looked like he was having the time of his life. Kiely from 3LW, something about that chick just irks me. Marcus Paulk, damn, he's all grown, and ugly I must add but the event looked like so much fun.

0 Comments: