WEDNESDAY R&B FABNESS!!!

Mya shows she's every bit of your exotic R&B queen in this beautiful new shoot courtesy of Rap Up, and yeah, she looks amazing, but what is going on with her album Liberation? Enough with the shoots and come with the music:




Courtesy of Zee Zaid and his Mya [BLOG], a never-before-heard Mya track was ripped from her official Myspace page called Smilin. [CLICK] to download. Mya put up the track on her myspace on 26th November 2006. It was recorded in 2004 and I guess she decided to put it up just to create some buzz for the new album which is expected to be released early next year. Thanks Zee.



This green-eyed R&B beauty has a work ethic like no other and holds no boundaries or limitations with her achievements. For someone with little singing talent, it seems the world cannot get enough of the leggy singer, as she performed at the Pussy Cat Doll's concert in Glasgow on Monday.






After Scotland, Rihanna's next stop was Manchester where yesterday, she satisfied her UK fans when she signed bottles of Clinique perfume, though I do beg her to get rid of the poodle hair. The look works for some but just not on her unfortunately. Beautiful girl though. Rihanna is now a certified superstar. Pon de happy touring! Funky Media also got to interview Rihanna EXCLUSIVELY. Funky asked her if he could do an interview for his R&B blogspot and she agreed! She talks about her new album which she has started recording and it gets even better, she names the producers that she has worked with: "I'm working with Evan and Carl. I've also got future studio sessions with Stargate and JR". [SOURCE] She also says that she is taking her time with the new album because her current album A Girl Like Me was rushed. A Girl Like Me was released earlier this year in March, 8 months AFTER she released her fantastic debut Music of The Sun so of course it was a rushed job. I hope she doesn't release it next year though because that would be overkill. She also talks about when she got booed at the World Music Awards two weeks ago. Here's what she says when Funky asked her if she was upset: "I was at first, because I put so much energy in the performance, but then I thought about it. Even the greatest artists have been booed at some point in their career (Whitney Houston and Rihanna's idol Beyonce and her group Destiny's Child have all been booed in the past during their performances, especially Destiny's Child when they got booed at a Games event for wearing some Jersy's supporting the opposing team *lol*), but it shouldn't make you feel bad. If anything, it should boost your career". she says. [SOURCE] The World Music Awards aired last week on Channel 4 but it came on soooo late I ended up falling asleep. I have been searching for the repeat slots but couldn't find any. Someone let me know when the performances hit You Tube. Rihanna then talks about her stint touring with the Pussy Cat Dolls and the Black Eyed Peas. Head on over to Funky Media to read the whole interview. Nice one Funky.
.



Yesterday, Ashanti visited MTV's TRL and looked absolutely gorgeous. I've already posted the clip when she was on 106 & Park this week and looked fab! She has definitely stepped up in the looks department. Her hair was on point, her make-up was on point, her body was on point, everything was on point. Chick can dress her ass off! The chick is like Christina Milian. There has NEVER been a time where Ashanti has looked out of place or has worn an outfit that made me think: Hell, what was she thinking? Blu Cantrell, this is how it really should be done. Take notice.




Cassie was on Jam'n 94.5 fm Radio Station, but don't ask me what she was plugging, I have no clue! But I will always say she should have stuck to modelling. The chick is really pretty and that is possibly where her future lies if things don't work out musically.

Whitney Houston was spotted at the airport with her daughter Bobbi Kristina and we can easily see why she tried to hide her face from the camera's. Her face looked like beaten up taco meat as if somebody decided to try out their brand new base ball bat. It's a far cry from the lovely glitzy Whitney appearance we were subjected to a couple of weeks ago. I hope she's not back on crack, but her weight gain may suggest otherwise. We really want to see Whitney thrive on that comeback next year. Maybe she was just having a bad day.
.


Janet Jackson is FINALLY releasing a third single from her album 20 Years Old. The next single will be With U which will impact urban radio on 12th December 2006, although the track Enjoy would have been a much better choice in my honest opinion. Despite the controversy surrounding her "poor album sales" I don't think it did THAT bad. Her album is now gold I believe and whilst she should've sold MUCH more for an artist of her calibre, no legendary artist beats their peak sales anyway. Usher will never sell a million records in his first week ever again. Michael Jackson will never sell over 50 million records worldwide ever again, and you get my drift. I am glad she has not given up on the album though.




Something irks me about seeing a beautiful black woman with blonde hair. I know it's a wig but the colouring is horrible. It's not like to say she made an attempt to tone it down some, but it's like, Pamela-Anderson-in-your-face-type of blonde, which is just horrible especially IF YOU'RE A BLACK WOMAN! Anyway, being a spokesperson for M.A.C Viva Glam, Eve greeted fans at Harlem M.A.C Store in advance of World Aids Day. If any of you Toya's World readers met an R&B celebrity recently, send me your pictures and I will put them up!



Earlier this year frequent Toya's World reader met Letoya Luckett. Booskee is responsible for a lot of the music exclusives on this blog. Hi Booskee!



Earlier this year, Toya's World reader Laurie met my baybay Craig David in Moscow, though I will admit that this picture doesn't do him any justice AT ALL. He is mad cute in the flesh. He has gorgeous skin believe me. Anyway, I posted this picture before and I'm posting it again. Laurie was responsible for hooking me up with all the new underground and popular R&B albums. So again, if you've met an R&B artist lately, send in your pictures!!!

0 Comments: