MUSIC REVIEW ...

Creole - Beyonce [download: full]
This is a bonus track from Beyonce's new album B'Day. It has an old-skool feel to it but I can't say I'm feeling it much. It sounds a lot like noise to me. I presume the track is paying homage to her mama's caucasian/french/black (creole) heritage but it's a weird concept for a song but that's not new in Beyonce's case. This is possibly one of those tracks that would be fitting for the soul album that she was talking about releasing during her Austin Powers fame. However, the "soul" album was abandoned since the flop of Work It Out era and was traded for a more trendy contemporary Hip Hop and R&B album which became Dangerously In Love. I don't care for this song and I'm glad it wasn't an official cut on the new album.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting I didn't know her mom was creole..

Anonymous said...

in the US you find most creoles in the south,my mom is creole too.but the song i'm not feelin it either.

Random J said...

As with most of "B'Day"'s cuts. Hot beat, odd lyrics.

And why is she releasing this on "B'Day" as a bonus track in Japan as well? There's probably Japanese people who haven't seen black person in their life, let alone listen to a song about Creole and gather what it's about! *lol*

---------------------------------------------------
http://i-am-random-j.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm Creole,and the song has a nice beat 2 it!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH,I LIKE IT TOO.

Anonymous said...

I'm creole to...

But Beyonce reppin' creole at a time like this is only her trying to make herself seem all exotic all of a sudden. And cash in on that. The lyrics make no sense.