ALBUM REVIEW: FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS - JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

Album Review Written By Toya
Leak date: 24th August 2006

Say what? First Beyonce and Jessica Simpson's album leak, and now Justin's whole album leaks, three high profile albums leaking at the same time. What's going on? Anyway, FutureSex/LoveSounds is a really good album. I'm impressed. The beats are hot and I'm feeling every last minute. I will be chilling to this throughout the whole weekend. I don't even know why the highly retro SexyBack was even placed on the album because none of the songs on this album sound like this so it's kind of misleading and does not represent the album at all. The writing side of the production is also very good. I thought that the brilliant FutureSex/LoveSounds channelled off Prince but Damn Girl is an ultimate Prince duplicate. It's as if Prince came a long and put his stamp on the record, you could hear it in the 70's disco-laced beats and even the vocal arrangement. But the other tracks are hard beat-filled R&B at best (My Love, Chop Me Up, Losing My Way etc) and even the more mellow tracks like What Goes Around, Comes Around, (Another Song) All Over Again and Until The End of Time are brilliantly executed and show that he has vocally stepped up his game.

Rating: 4/5

12 Comments:

Random J said...

His album is aight, but on alot of the songs it's like he's biting somebody else and the same goes for Timbo as well. "Losing my way" sounds like a Bubba Sparxxx "Deliverance" offcut, "What goes around" sounds like a Kiley Dean off-cut and "FutureLove/SexSound" sounds like a cross between Beck and David Bowie - not to mention that the chords on the chorus sound like they were jacked STRAIGHT outta Nelly F's "Promiscuous".

His album is good, but every track on the album aside from "My love", I find myself thinkin' "This sounds like so and so". Also, alot of the preludes and Interludes are hotter than the tracks themselves. "I think she knows" is hotter than the actual track "Love stoned" *lol* I love the vibe on that and how it goes all rich and Coldplay-ish.

The one thing I can't fault this for, is production - especially the Timbo produced tracks. HE has really stepped up and continues to show diversity and growth. "Afrodisiac" was a milestone for him, then "Loose" was another and now "FutureLove/SexSounds". I think for the first time EVER, Timbo showed he could compose a bridge on the track "Losing my way". *lol*

Overall, a good album. I prefer it over "Justified" because the production is MUCH tighter. It's just Justin keeps playin the Chameleon by using other artists as constant muses.

Toya said...

I totally agree. As I stated before, I wonder what artist he will channel himself after with his next album in 3 years.

Anonymous said...

it's alright, i mean overall the production on the album is great, but u don't really get a feel for justin is an artist yet, coz he still channeling other artist instead of himself.he still doesn't a recognizable style yet.so i would give this a 3/5

Anonymous said...

it's alright, i mean overall the production on the album is great,courtesy of timberland, but u just don't get a real feel for who justin is an artist yet, coz his constantly channeling other artist instead of himself.he still doesn't a recognizable style yet.so i would give this a 3/5

Anonymous said...

DAMN, WHAT A GOOD ALBUM!!! ITS REALLY NICE, ITS 4.5/5 STARS. I ALREADY KNOW IM GETTIN THE ALBUM DA DAY IT COMES OUT, SOUNDS REALLY FRESH
HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE THE BEST SELLER ALBUM THIS YEAR

Anonymous said...

This album simply the BEST of all what I've heard! I mean of all this new albums including Christina A. & Beyonce. It sounds really fresh and new to me!!
Great job Timberlake & Timbaland!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Toya!!! Where'sthe albums at? your place was the place to be for albums and now u dont post any at all :O(

Anonymous said...

That's why she got shut down in the first place! I'd rather come to TW for info rather then albums..

Anonymous said...

"...you could hear it in the 70's disco-laced beats"

WTF???

You must be pretty young. The sound you're referring to became Prince's style/staple sound in the early 80's - not the 70's. And I'm sure prince would have a fit if he heard you refer to his sound as "disco." "I Feel For You" was the closest one and his sound changed right after that.

Wow. Work on that.

Anonymous said...

thats crazy how the US & UK versions are for the most part completely different as far as tracklisting goes!....

Anonymous said...

hey ... where can i download these leaks at? i want to download all 3? can anyone help? my screen name is missjackie2you and my email is missjackie2you@gmail.com .. thanks!

Anonymous said...

While I really do like this album it is hella styled like Ginuwine's The Bachelor and 100%. Thats all I can think about really when listening to it.